Monday, November 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!















Suddenly You

By Lisa Kleypas

London
November 1836

"What is your preferred style, Miss Briars? Would you prefer your man to be fair-haired or dark?  Average height or tall? English or foreign?" 
The madam was astonishingly businesslike, as if they were discussing a dish to be served at a supper-party rather than a man to be purchased for the evening. 
page 1 first paragraph
(yep I was hooked)


11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good one! Love that matter-of-fact tone.

Here's
MY TT POST and
MY WEBSITE

satins booki said...

great teaser, thanks for stopping by.

Claire's Book Corner said...

Whoa! That is one good teaser. It doesn't look like the book I normally read but that teaser sure has made me curious.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jenny Q said...

ooohh, a brothel full of men?? Excellent teaser! I like Kleypas. Here's my Teaser, from Archon by Sabrina Benulis.

Val said...

Well then - that is interesting. Great teaser.

Thanks for stopping by StuckInBooks.com

Valerie

Kati said...

I like it. I need to add more Kleypas to the TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Aislynn said...

Nice! :) I am a huge fan of Lisa Kleypas's books!

Here is mine: http://www.stitchreadcook.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-19.html

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

Very Interesting! I want to know more, thanks for sharing!

My Teaser Tuesday

Bex said...

I bet you were hooked! Love Kleypas. I'm not familiar with this one though, I think, but I definitely need to get myself more of her books to devour. Great teaser!

Thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever!

Carmen Shaw said...

Wow... that sucks. Men shouldn't be purchased! But... since your asking... I like tall guys lol. Great teaser :)

http://understandingshaestory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ohh very nice teaser:)